Friday, July 25, 2008

3 Months and Counting

We've been so blessed with such a great baby. After just 3 months she has made her nightly routine and goes to bed around 9-10 every night. She has even slept for 7-8 hours a couple of nights. When we read to her she will sit there and listen to the book and look at the pictures. She smiles at us all the time and is now smiling at strangers. She also babbles on and on every night.

We got a freak snow one night. I got a call from a friend who told me to look outside. When we did it was snowing like crazy. Within a few minutes our back porch went from snow melting on contact to being completly covered. You couldn't see any of the road out front, it was one big blanket of snow. So the following morning I dressed her in the snow suit Mom got her and out we went. At first I laid her on a waterproof mat in the snow. Then I was over that and put her directly in it. She made her first snow angel. It was so little and so cute. She enjoyed being outside and the snow didn't really bother her. We then went and snapped a few pictures of her on Dom's bench and then her out in the woods. They are really my favorite pictures of her so far.


Valentines Day-probably one of my favorite holidays. I think I only like it b/c the colors are red and pinks. There is no other reason, but I like to decorate for it b/c I can get a way with putting more pink in the house. I tried to fix a fun meal, so we had cornish hens with a wild rice stuffing. It was quite nice, but cornish hen is a fancy way of saying chicken. It tasted just like a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. It was also a lot of food. Dom and I split one. Francesca sat with us at dinner and got to spend some quality time with the 'rents.
We took an emergency trip to FL. Our townhouse still hasn't sold and I wanted to go and paint it a more neutral color downstairs. I found a super cheap flight and knew Dom would be working. Mom and Dad were so great. We all went down to Tampa and planned to spend the day painting. They had extra paint left over from the house they were remodelling and it was perfect. Our neighbor Mabel was nice enough to let me borrow her boncey seat, and some socks. It was a cold day and I forgot to pack Francesca a pair a of socks. Painting was slow. One of us had to entertain or feed Francesca while the other two painted. I'm so glad I go to go and visit our home. I really do love that house and know that Dom does too. I tried to get some pictures of her and the back yard for him. We put on the primer and then the first coat of paint. During all of this I was feeding her, visiting with Amanda and talking everything over with our Realtors. We took a break to eat some dinner at Ruth's Steakhouse with Keith and then headed home to finish the second coat and clean everything up. Somehow we got it all done and it looked really good. I was pretty sad to cover up the green, yellow and orange but was hoping this would help it sell faster. Luckily for us it was around Francesca's bed time by the time we left. So she slept most of the way home, but it was a long day for all of us. Her and Dad were pretty wiped out by the time we made it back to Daytona.
She also got her ears pierced. Dom didn't want to be there when I got it done. So I waited until one night when he was working and my friend Kiera and I headed to the mall. It nevered bothered me to get her ears pierced until we were walking around. Then I started having second thoughts about putting her through it. But I mustarded up the strength and headed into Claire's. She did cry. After the first one she was pretty upset. The second one wasn't hard because she was so tense from crying that she wasn't moving. Before I finished paying she was laughing and smiling and doesn't even know they are there. I think she cried more when she got her shots from the doctor. That night I was worried about moving them and touching them, but it didn't bother her at all. It was a great decision, she never bothered them and it was so easy to keep them clean. Every time I changed her diaper I would rotate them and put the medicine on them.

No comments: