Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Party in My Crib--2am

So Francesca had a party in her crib last Thursday night. It was Dom's first night back from the night shift. It all started out like any other night here in the Mastroianni house. Francesca laid down between 9:30 and 10:00pm for bed and then Dom and I got to bed closer to midnight. Around 2ish she made some noise and I went in and tried to calm her down. She fussed a little but seemed to be tired enough to go back to sleep. I headed back to my bed. I would hear her whine every once in a while but she did so back to sleep.

Well an hour later I hear her up again. I thought to myself that she might be hungry since she was a little restless for the past hour. So I picked her up and fed her. I laid her back down and thought she would go back to sleep. I could tell she was tired and knew it shouldn't take long for her to fall back asleep. But she didn't. I send Dom in to see if she would go back to sleep. He sang to her and almost had her down, but then she somehow woke up again. It being around 3:30 at this point I tried to take her into our room, turn out the lights and feed her. This has worked before and b/c it is pitch black she normally will fall asleep. But she didn't. She ate and then she would sing and flip flop around between Dom and I. At one point she was 'shaking her groove thing' which is where she will shake her head back and forth and sing. Then I could hear her clapping her hands. She did this for over an hour in the dark. Dom had already gotten up and went into the living room to read, his sleeping schedule was so off anyways. Around 5am I took her into the living room and figured it couldn't hurt, what I was doing was not helping. Dom read to her for a little over an hour and around 6:30ish he was able to get her to fall asleep. I was so exhausted the next day, and we were suppose to drive to Missy's that night. I felt hungover. It's a terrible feeling when you didn't drink the night before to cause the hangover.

No comments: