Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Disney



Our first trip to Disney was awesome!!! My friend from high school, Kara, works for Disney and offered to get us in for the day. So I took her up on the offer. Not so much b/c I wanted to take Francesca to see Mickey, but more b/c I wanted to see Mickey. Plus Dad had never been to Epcot and thought he would enjoy the park. Now I didn't really think too much about it, b/c it was well over 90 degrees and summer crowds, but Disney makes me really happy.
Kara's office is inside MGM, which is now called Hollywood Studios (this was a little confusing when we were trying to park and couldn't find the signs for MGM), so we decided to at least go into MGM and try to ride one roller coaster. Well the line was about 80 mins long, so we past on that. Actually all the rides that I would have wanted to ride that day were over an hour. So now rides for us. But we walked around MGM for a little while, we wathced some short film about animation and then went outside to see the parade. Francesca really liked all that other kids. She loved that everywhere she looked there was another little person in their stroller.
Epcot was nice. We went around to all the countries, we stopped to watch a short film on Canada (the USA's b*tch, according to Dom) while she napped in the stroller. But other than that we just were there to site see. We did get a couple samplings of food and drinks around the world~ England: Hard Cider from the pub, France: Strawberry Crape, Germany: Brat, Consession Cart: Popcicles. Mom & Dad were both on a diet so we tried to be good and not eat too much. I think Dad could go back and really put a hurtin to some of the different food around the world.
She got her picture with 2 characters: Belle and Mexican Donald Duck. We went to the character spot, but the wait was over an hour-not worth it, plus we had Mexicn Donald who else could you want.




One neat thing, at least I think it is neat now that I'm a mom, I could have cared less before, but they have a baby center. I saw a sign in the bathroom on the changing table about it. So we went. They had a place to heat food and bottles, a nursing room, a changing room with some huge awesome changing tables and a place you could buy baby food or formula. I used the nursing room. It was a dimmly lit room with 4 rocking chairs, we were the only ones in there but it was air conditioned, and on a hot day that was probably the best part. We also got to use the changing tables, luckily we were there when she decided it was time to potty, good timing. It was a pretty hot day and to cool off we all got strawberry popsicles. I
We left after being there for about 5-6 hours. On our way out we decided to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and then get a bus from there back to MGM and our car. Francesca really like the monorail and the bus rides. I think she just really liked being in a moving vehicle and not being strapped into a carseat.
The day ended with us stopping at Mom's favorite restaraunt Hops and getting some ribs. Before our food came Dad had Francesca and she got a hold of the napkin with the silverware. She pulled out the steak knife and Dad took it away from her. She got the biggest pouty face and started screaming. She was throwing a fit right there. I took her and tried to quite her b/c I didn't want to bother the other tables. She would start to calm down and then she would look over at Dad, shake her head back and forth and start crying again. It was so funny. She did that about 4 times before she was over it. She really didn't like him taking away her knife.

ps-Our computer won't download pictures until I free up some space. So as soon as I do that then I will post the pictures.

No comments: